Since the purpose of Story Follower may still be a little confusing for some of you, I would like to take a moment to explain how storylines are supposed to work. Here are some tips for creating good storylines:
- Storylines are simply “topics” that contain many related articles. Ideally, multiple articles would be under each storylines. Keep it simple.
- Storylines should not have the same title as the article. If it is too specific, no one else is going to add articles to that storyline, making it useless. The goal is to spread information and unless the storyline is relevant to other articles, no one will be able to subscribe to it, therefore no one else will see it.
- When you are submitting an article, the site typically makes suggestions for you to place your articles under. Take a moment to see if there is an existing storyline to add your article to. If there isn’t, please create a new one. When creating a new storyline, keep in mind that the idea is for other people to add articles to it as well. So please make the storyline title general enough so that it is useful to others. A storyline with no subscribers will never be seen by anyone but the person who created it.
- Try not to include several topics into one storyline. Avoid titles like “Business, Advertising, Real Estate.” Instead use something like “Real Estate Advertising” if that would be a relevant topic for your article. Another example would be if you are submitting articles about upcoming live sporting events, do not create a new storyline for every article. Use a more general storyline such as “Soccer” instead.
- When you create a new storyline, you are in effect subscribing to a topic that you want to know more about. For example, if I am interested in submarines, I may submit an article about submarines and create a storyline called “Submarines.” The next time another submarine lover submits an article about submarines, likely the Submarines storyline I created would be suggested. I would then be notified according to my preferences.
Thank you so much for continuing to use Story Follower. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
First I would like to say thanks to everyone who has registered and submitted articles.
The amount and diversity of articles submitted has really grown a lot since the site launched and I really appreciate that.
Also, I would like to apologize for a bug that may’ve caused some users not to take the time to submit. I learned that when some of you registered, instead of the site logging you in and continuing your submission, that you were in fact logged out.
This bug has been corrected and should not affect future users, but for you that have registered and experienced the bug, please take the time to try out the site, it really works! If you have forgotten your password, please reset it at:
For those of you that have been using the site, I would be happy to hear any suggestions you would like to share. This could include anything from complaints to new ideas for improvements. Email me here:
Thanks again and keep adding articles. The more articles and relevant storylines there are, the more useful the site will become.